Eligibility criteria for FREE seasonal influenza vaccination for 2019:
- Pregnant women (any trimester)
- People aged 65 years and older
- People aged under 65 years with any of the medical conditions listed below
- Children aged 4 years or under who have been hospitalised for respiratory illness or have a history of significant respiratory illness
People under 18 years of age living in the:
- Seddon/Ward and rural Eastern Marlborough region (within the Nelson Marlborough District Health Board)
- Kaikoura and Hurunui areas (within the Canterbury District Health Board)
- who have been displaced from their homes in Edgecumbe and the surrounding region
The following conditions are excluded from funding:
- asthma not requiring regular preventative therapy
- hypertension and/or dyslipidaemia without evidence of end-organ disease
Eligible medical conditions for funded influenza vaccine
List of eligible medical conditions for free influenza immunisation (adults and children).
Funded influenza vaccine is available each year for patients who meet
• all people 65 years of age and over; or
Unless meeting the criteria set out above, the following conditions are
• asthma not requiring regular preventative therapy,
Also refer to the New Zealand Pharmaceutical Schedule on the PHARMAC website
|#Influenza vaccination precaution
Influenza vaccination may be contraindicated or need to be delayed for people receiving some new cancer treatments. Please read the information under Contraindications and precautions to receiving influenza vaccine on page 16 for people receiving atezolizumab (TECENTRIQ®), ipilimumab (YERVOY®), nivolumab (OPDIVO®) and pembrolizumab (KEYTRUDA®) and contact the person’s oncologist or 0800 IMMUNE (0800 466 863) for current advice about influenza vaccination for these people BEFORE administering the vaccine.
a. Chronic respiratory diseases may include: chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, emphysema.