Promoting and supporting influenza immunisation
This website and the national annual influenza promotional campaign is brought to you by The Immunisation Advisory Centre (IMAC).
No change to end date for administering 2021 funded influenza vaccinations
As per previous years, providers can claim for funded influenza vaccinations that are administered right through to 31 December 2021.
Extension of claiming date for reimbursing eligible employers of health and disability workers
The Ministry of Health will reimburse eligible employers for health and disability workers for the costs of immunising their staff against influenza.
Claims for reimbursement need to be submitted by 30 September 2021. This has been extended from 31 July 2021.
Employers can claim costs incurred for influenza vaccination, as supported by appropriate documentation, to a maximum of $35.00+GST per person.
Reimbursement is available for health and disability sector employees, self-employed lead maternity carers, and carers employed under individualised funding arrangements who:
- are not eligible for a funded vaccination under the eligibility criteria stated in the Pharmaceutical Schedule
- have patient/client contact
- have not previously received an employer-funded influenza vaccination at work (not including one reimbursed by the Ministry of Health in 2020)
Changes to vaccine order quantities
- From 24 June 2021, the June minimum order quantity for influenza vaccines decreased from 60 doses to 30 doses i.e. a single order must be 30 doses or more.
INFLUVAC® TETRA stock
All INFLUVAC TETRA stock at HCL has been distributed to providers.
- Only use INFLUVAC TETRA for children aged 3–4 years.
- No other influenza vaccine brand is approved for use in for children aged 3–4 years.
- At local and regional level, there is still stock of INFLUVAC TETRA that has already been distributed.
- Providers are advised where possible to direct patients to other practices who may still have supplies.
Administration and answers to some frequently asked questions about influenza vaccination webpage with information about waiting time post-influenza vaccination, spacing of influenza and other vaccines, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccine resources webpage with links to PDF files of the COVID-19 resources included in provider Influenza Immunisation Programme information packs, and the websites other resources can be downloaded from.
Resources webpage where you can download the Everything you need to know about FLU handbook and some programme resources, order programme resources, and link to HealthEd for immunisation related resources.