Promoting and supporting influenza immunisation
This website and the national annual influenza promotional campaign is brought to you by The Immunisation Advisory Centre (IMAC).
Refund for unused influenza vaccine
Please see pdf in 10 December 2021 news item on right hand side of this webpage.
The Ministry of Health will provide a refund for up to ten doses of unused AFLURIA QUAD (AQ) or FLUAD QUAD (FQ) from the 2021 influenza immunisation programme. This is in an addition to the refunds provided by Seqirus.
Please ensure you continue to have influenza vaccine stock available until 31 December for those who are eligible for influenza vaccination.
One refund will be available for any one account for up to a total of:
- 20 doses of unused FLUAD QUAD or unused AFLURIA QUAD +
- 10 doses of FLUAD QUAD or AFLURIA QUAD (whichever you have NOT claimed 20 on), and/or
- five doses of unused INFLUVAC TETRA and/or
- five doses of unused AFLURIA QUAD JUNIOR.
To be eligible for a refund, the unused stock must be returned prior to 31 January 2022. Contact Healthcare Logistics on 0508 425 358 to request a Return Authorisation.
No change to end date for administering 2021 funded influenza vaccinations
As per previous years, providers can claim for funded influenza vaccinations that are administered right through to 31 December 2021.
Changes to vaccine order quantities
From 24 June 2021, the June minimum order quantity for influenza vaccines decreased from 60 doses to 30 doses i.e. a single order must be 30 doses or more.
INFLUVAC® TETRA stock
All INFLUVAC TETRA stock at HCL has been distributed to providers.
- Only use INFLUVAC TETRA for children aged 3–4 years.
- No other influenza vaccine brand is approved for use in for children aged 3–4 years.
- At local and regional level, there is still stock of INFLUVAC TETRA that has already been distributed.
- Providers are advised where possible to direct patients to other practices who may still have supplies.
Administration and answers to some frequently asked questions about influenza vaccination webpage with information about waiting time post-influenza vaccination, spacing of influenza and other vaccines, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccine resources webpage with links to PDF files of the COVID-19 resources included in provider Influenza Immunisation Programme information packs, and the websites other resources can be downloaded from.
Resources webpage where you can download the Everything you need to know about FLU handbook and some programme resources, order programme resources, and link to HealthEd for immunisation related resources.