Eligibility criteria for FREE seasonal influenza vaccination for 2017:
- Pregnant women (any trimester)
- Anyone under 65 years with any of the medical conditions listed below
- Anyone aged 65 years or over
The following conditions are excluded from funding:
- Asthma not requiring regular preventive therapy
- Hypertension and/or dyslipidaemia without evidence of end-organ disease
Eligible medical conditions for funded influenza vaccine
List of eligible medical conditions for free influenza immunisation (adults and children).
Funded influenza vaccine is available each year for patients who meet
• all people 65 years of age and over; or
• transplant recipients, or
Unless meeting the criteria set out above, the following conditions are
• asthma not requiring regular preventative therapy,
Also refer to the New Zealand Pharmaceutical Schedule on the
a. Chronic respiratory diseases may include: chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis, emphysema.